Wedding planning is hilarious. I never thought I'd think it was so funny until I hit the 30 day mark. Although at times I feel overwhelmed, sometimes I have no choice but to laugh my butt off at the hilarious situations I find myself in. If I didn't make myself laugh, I'd probably freak the eff out. If any of you readers have ever planned/are planning a wedding, please share some of your crazy/funny stories. I'd love to know I'm not alone.
Here are a few fun, pointless facts from a bride 17 days away from the wedding:
- I've started a petition, in my head, that brides should get 1 month of "wedding leave", similar to "maternity leave". Let's be frank, no bride, a month before her wedding is paying any attention to her work. If you say you're the exception, you're lying. Anyone want to sign?
- My car is filthy. You know how you see those dirty cars with "wash me" written in the grime? Yes, well, that's my car...times 80. It's filled to the brim with wedding related crap and I feel bad for the car wash guys.
- I finally understand why you're not supposed to multi-task, er, text while driving. All the said crap that used to be in the backseat of my car, is now in my front seat. Meh. Don't text, kids.
- Steven and I have lost a combined total of 47 pounds since January. We knew we were a little large for our bones but man, we kind of let ourselves go for a minute. Have a wedding, it's the best diet plan we've found.
- I've loved Kings of Leon for a while but ever since our fabulous photographer paired one of their songs with our engagement pictures, I looooove them and have deemed 'Sex on fire' as our song. I don't even know the words or if they relate to us but singing "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...your sex is on fiiiiyaaaaah" makes me smile.
- My niece went to prom. The one that I feel like was just born yesterday. Yes, that one. She went to her senior prom. Dear Time, please stop going by so fast. I'm not good at sprints so please, for the love of god, let me catch my breath. Sheesh. Love, Alicia. If you're bored, check out how absolutely stunning she looked. She's all growed up.
Until next time...